Get Caught Up on Latest CCEDC-Related Happenings
Newly Joined Investors:
- Liars Lodge Bed & Breakfast – August 2018
- Collegiate Commons LP – July 2018
- Community Banks of Colorado – April 2018
- Patricia J. Arthur, Esq. – March 2018
- Karver Construction Services LLC – February 2018
- Colorado Central Telecom – December 2017
- The Trailhead – November 2017
- Terra Firma Forestry – September 2017
- Fading West, LLC – July 2017
New Grants Awarded to Businesses:
- The Certified Small Business Community award designates Chaffee County as a “Certified Small Business Community” along with signs that will announce the County as supportive of small business. The key effort will be to promote the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and its resources which are available to small businesses and entrepreneurs. Counseling and technical assistance for marketing and business plan development are among the services the SBDC counselors, Shawn Allison and Susan Dunn, are able to provide. Shawn is located at the Touber Building in Salida, and Susan is available by appointment in Buena Vista. This grant awarded in the amount of $12,000.
- The Rural Economic Development Initiative (RED) grant for $21,000 will allow for greater access to the Small Business Development Center offices in Salida, provide for business “meet-ups,” and train businesses in “lean management”—continuous quality improvement process that allows for a better customer experience.
- June 2017 : $24,000 Health and Wellness Sector Partnership Technical Assistance Grant to Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center (HRRMC) and Mt. Princeton Hot Springs to support the development of their medical tourism project which is scheduled to launch October 2017.
Workforce Development Efforts:
Chaffee County Receives Two Grant Awards to Support Entrepreneurs and Businesses
The CCEDC, in partnership with Watershed, an entrepreneur-focused shared space in Buena Vista, is recognizing the new frontier of engagement by celebrating entrepreneurship and small businesses throughout the County. The goal is to offer a variety of services, support, and engagement through the Chambers of Commerce, Watershed, the Small Business Development Center, and the CCEDC. The Salida Business Alliance is also participating in the collaboration and partnership.